Anirudh Chaoji is an experienced ecologist and expert in ecotourism. He is the Liaison Officer of the GPAFS in Maharashtra, India and has joined our network on January 2018.
He is currently:
- Ecologist – Melghat Tiger Reserve, Maharashtra – India.
- Director RAN MANGLI Foundation
- Member, IUCN World Commission on Protected Areas (WCPA), Tourism and Protected Areas Specialist Group (TAPAS Group)
- Observer, IAPA – International Association of Protected Areas, China.
- Executive Committee Member and Treasurer of Eco-tourism Society of India (ESOI)
- Executive Committee Member of Adventure Tour Operators Association of India (ATOAI)
- Founder and Honorary Member of Adventure Tour Operators of Maharashtra (ATOM)
Since childhood, he was always hooked to the outdoors. He soon realised that birds and smaller mammals fascinated him the most. Simultaneously, he found that adventure was always a part of life. So he has ended up being an explorer, wildlifer, trekker, scuba diver, sky diver, river rafter, birdwatcher and a nomad for life! Local people and their customs, and nature itself have been his biggest teachers – and he keeps trying to learn more at every step.
He founded one of the most popular Wildlife and Adventure Camping organisations in India – Pugmarks, before selling it and moving to the Forest Department at Melghat Tiger Reserve – to work as an Ecologist in the field of Community-based Conservation.